YWCA Lower Cape Fear Executive Director Search
YWCA Lower Cape Fear is seeking its next leader to serve as the face of the YWCA and lead the organization through its next phase of growth in partnership with a 13-member board of directors.
Chartered in 1914, the YWCA Lower Cape Fear is dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all. Programs and services are organized around the four pillars of racial justice, economic advancement, youth development and health and wellness. With a membership of over 2,500 and a budget of $1.5M, the organization operates a child care center, after school and summer camp, an aquatics program, and programs to advance racial justice and the economic empowerment of women.
The Leadership Opportunity
Working in partnership with the board of directors and guided by a recently completed 3-year strategic plan, the new leader will execute the mission and vision of the YWCA Lower Cape Fear. Priorities will include diversifying funding sources, building and enhancing community partnerships, improving member and donor relations, and growing programs to continue to meet the needs of the New Hanover and surrounding counties service area.
• Establish and cultivate an excellent working relationship with the board of directors through regular and transparent communications.
• Serve as the face of the organization with civic and business leaders, and local
governments to identify and respond to local needs.
Finance & Resource Development
• Using the strategic fund development plan as a guide, diversify and grow the organization’s funding base beyond its program service fees by organizing and managing a fundraising program with an initial focus on growing individual gifts and generating income for facility upgrades.
• Manage financial resources to assure the continued growth and success of the
• Lead and model internal and external communications through public speaking,
membership communications, media, and partner organizations.
• Broaden the visibility of the organization across the service area.
Management and Operations
• Lead, inspire and promote a culture of teamwork throughout the organization’s
workforce and in partnership with the senior management team.
• Organize human resources to execute the organization’s vision most effectively.
Attributes of our New Leader
The YWCA Lower Cape Fear’s executive director must be committed to the mission and values of the organization, and dedicated to creating and stewarding relationships with internal and external constituencies that enable the successful, consistent delivery of the mission.
Key attributes include:
• a deep commitment to and understanding of the YWCA’s mission.
• a proven track record of fundraising including annual appeals, events, and major gifts.
• strong human resource and financial management skills and experience building effective teams.
• superior communication skills.
• experience with nonprofit organizations and a track record of effectively establishing and maintaining a relationship with a non-profit board of directors.
In addition, the successful candidate must possess:
• A master’s degree in public administration, business, human services or a related field and a minimum of 5 years of executive nonprofit experience OR a bachelor’s degree in the above fields plus a minimum of 8 years of executive nonprofit experience.
• Experience or demonstrated understanding of North Carolina child care regulations.
Competitive salary and benefits package offered.
To apply, upload a cover letter, resume, and references to armstrongmcguire.com/apply or follow this link.
Email email@example.com in the case of technical problems. No phone calls, please.
YWCA Lower Cape Fear is an equal opportunity employer.