Reach is an after school empowerment program for elementary and middle school aged girls designed to help them discover, develop, and use their voices to overcome challenges and celebrate their achievements.
- Girls will gain the ability to think critically about complex themes, make responsible decisions, and learn valuable life skills
- Girls will learn to vocalize their opinions in a healthy and thoughtful manner
- Girls will foster their individuality, and become more confident in the importance of their own voice
- The program will provide opportunities for the girls to gain general awareness and experience culture and diversity
- The program will empower girls to strengthen relationships with themselves and their peers
- For elementary and middle school girls, ages 9-14
- Healthy, after-school snack provided
- Group discussions, based on the evidence-based Girls Circle curriculum
- Individual growth and personal goal setting
- Community Show Days, giving students a showcase for the achievements
Application & Registration
Applications must be filled out before registration closes to be considered. A $25 application fee will be required with the submission of the application. Please email us for enrollment availability and application information.
*Annual YWCA Membership: $25 - $55
Registration Fee: $25
*Participants must be YWCA members.
Internship & Volunteer Opportunities Available!
Do you have a passion for working with at-risk youth? We are currently looking for interns and volunteers to:
- Facilitate group discussions and workshops
- Provide case management for group participants
- Track the progress of behavioral modifications administered to each participant
- Teach dance, music, art, or poetry
- Assist with grant writing and grant applications
- Organize events in the community and engage with community partners
- Create meaningful and lasting relationships with participants to foster a safe environment for self-expression and internal exploration
For more information, contact:
Community Impact Coordinator
or call 910-799-6820