What is the New Choices program?
Since 1985, the New Choices program has supported women in the Cape Fear area who are taking steps toward financial independence & self-sufficiency. Participants include domestic violence survivors, recently divorced women and mothers, and single parents re-entering the workforce.
What are the program goals?
New Choices aims to:
- Empower women to make informed financial decisions to create impactful change in their lives, families, and communities
- Build a strong economic base through learned financial fundamentals
- Help aspiring and existing entrepreneurs develop attainable business goals while strengthening long-term and short-term planning skills
What does the program provide?
New Choices assists eligible participants with the following:
- Tuition-based and textbook assistance for 2-year degree, certification, or professional skills training programs
- Childcare & transportation assistance
- Micro-enterprise assistance
- Financial counseling using the Purple Purse Moving Ahead Through Financial Empowerment curriculum developed by The Allstate Foundation, that teaches participants how to identify financial abuse and how to build fundamental skills they need to become financially self-sufficient
- Workshops focusing on personal and life skills, financial empowerment, professional development, and business coaching
- Connections to community support agencies for continuation of care
- Access to small business loan capital
How do I apply?
The New Choices program has specific qualifications for the program and specific deadlines that must be met. Applications can be submitted to the program manager Monday-Friday between 8:30 and 4:00pm. Schedule an appointment to begin the process with us today! Application Deadlines:
- June 1st for Fall Semester open enrollment
- September 1st for Spring Semester open enrollment
Who do I contact?
For more information, please contact:
New Choices Program Coordinator
Generously Funded by: