We are proud to offer Summer Camp programs at the following locations:YWCA
Main Campus on S. College Road
YWCA at Wesley Wesley Memorial United Methodist Church
Our Summer Camp programs are currently full, but you can email your request to be added to our wait list. Families on our wait list will be contacted when openings are available and will be handled on a first come, first serve basis.
About the Camp
Ages 5 to 12
Dates of Operation:
June 12th - August 25th, Monday thru Friday from 7:00 am to 6:00 pm
NOTE: Our Summer Camp programs will be CLOSED on Tuesday, July 4th in observance of the Independence Day holiday.
You can give your child an unforgettable summer camp experience this year at the YWCA Summer Camp program. Camp can be one of the most rewarding experiences of a child’s life. It’s a place to make new friends, learn new skills, explore interests, face challenges, build self-esteem and have fun! The YWCA Summer Camp Program provides quality, affordable childcare in a safe, fun and nurturing environment. The program is a 3 star fully licensed program by the North Carolina Division of Child Development. Licensing # 65000453.
Every child enrolled in the program receives:
- Nutritional breakfast, a hot lunch and a healthy snack
- Monday-Thursday swimming in the YWCA Pool
- Access to the YWCA's 3 acre playground
- 1-2 field trips per week
- Opportunities to participate in enrichment activities
The YWCA Summer Camp Program offers a wide range of enrichment activities including:
- Girls Circle: Girls Circle is built on a research-based model proven to increase girls' self-efficacy, body image and social support. YWCA girls in 2nd-6th grade participate in the Girls Circle Program one day a week.
- Girl Scouts: We have our own on-site Troop that meets twice a month. The troop works on service projects and of course, sells cookies!
- 4-H Club: Known as the Cloverbuds, this group meets once a month. Children focus on leadership development and community engagement through club meetings and activities.
- Lego Club: Open to any child in our program, the children meet once or twice a month for an hour to assemble Lego creations based on a theme.
- Kids for Peace: A select group of children join this nationally recognized organization whose mission is to cultivate every child's innate ability to foster peace through cross-cultural experience and hands-on arts, service and projects.
- Gardening Club: This club helps children learn the value of growing their own food, and caring for plants and flowers.
Field Trips: Children participate in off-site activities one to two times a week such as tennis, bowling, roller skating, park visits, historical tours, horseback riding and more!
*Annual YWCA Membership: $25 - $55
Registration Fee: 30 ($20 for second child, $10 for third child)
Full-Time, 4-5 days/week: 130 per week
Part-time, 1-3 days/week: 30 per day
*Participants must be YWCA members.
New Hanover County DSS Child Care vouchers are accepted.
For more information contact Sarah Flaherty, YWCA Youth Enrichment Director, via email
or call 910.799.6820, ext 115.
Visit facebook for more Summer Camp Photos!