Notice of Revised & Amended Bylaws of the YWCA Lower Cape Fear 10/3/2017
As a member of the YWCA Lower Cape Fear, you receive updates on changes made to the bylaws of this organization.
This letter serves as notice that our association bylaws have been revised and amended to reflect that the business and affairs of the organization shall be managed by its Board of Directors, changed from the prior designation as a membership-led organization. The power to adopt bylaws and alter or amend the same is vested in the Board of Directors.
The change only transfers the general power to the Board of Directors. Members of the YWCA Lower Cape Fear are encouraged to engage with our organization. Revisions and amendments will go into effect on Monday, October 16th. We welcome your feedback as a dedicated member of our organization and appreciate your continued support.
For questions or comments, contact YWCA Lower Cape Fear Executive Director, Charrise Hart, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 910-799-6820.
YWCA Board of Directors
Strengthened by diversity, the YWCA draws together members who strive to create opportunities for women's growth, leadership and power in order to attain a common vision of peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all people. When you join the YWCA Lower Cape Fear, you become part of a worldwide membership movement. The World YWCA unites over 25 million women and girls in 125 countries through our affiliated, autonomous national associations. Membership is open to any individual, regardless of race, religion or gender.
The YWCA is a member-oriented organization. Membership in your YWCA is first and foremost, a statement of your support for the goals and the mission of the YWCA. As a member of YWCA Lower Cape Fear, you will have a voice in one of the largest women’s organizations in the country! Membership fees help support the YWCA Lower Cape Fear’s advocacy programs including New Choices for Displaced Homemakers, “What’s Wrong With Different?,” Grandparent Support Network, Fluid Recovery, Stand Against Racism, Week Without Violence and the Childcare Scholarship Fund.
Mission Member Benefits:
• Members have access to a wide array of programs including fitness, health, empowerment, youth programming and child care
• Members receive the YWCA Lower Cape Fear newsletter, program updates and have access to the annual report
• Members have the opportunity to vote in the annual Board of Directors election
• Membership provides the opportunity to serve on YWCA Lower Cape Fear committees and task forces
• Members recieve periodic updates of public policy initiatives supported by the YWCA, as well as invitations to special events
Mission Membership Information:
• A one-year YWCA Lower Cape Fear membership is required to enroll in any class or program unless otherwise noted
• YWCA membership fees are non-refundable
• Membership dues alone are not a fee for service
• The YWCA reserves the right to revoke the membership of or deny membership to anyone whose conduct, behavior or language is inconsistent with the principles of the YWCA Mission
Annual Membership Fees are as Follows:
Family Membership: $55.00
Youth Membership (-17): $25.00
Individual Membership: $35.00
Senior Membership (60+): $30.00
To purchase or renew your membership, click here or stop by the YWCA Lower Cape Fear today!