The YWCA in accepting applications for CDL Drivers needed for the 2018-19 school year. We are looking for individuals to transport students after school to our after school programs. Minimum qualifications include: must be 25 years of age, must have a high school diploma or equivalency, must be able to pass a state background check, must have a good driving record and passenger endorsement. Most importantly, individuals must also enjoy working with children! This is a part time position working 10-15 hours per week.
To be considered, please complete employment application below and return to the YWCA.
Childcare & Youth Coordinator
Department: Childcare & Youth Enrichment Program
Reports to: Senior Childcare & Youth Enrichment Director
Position Summary: The Childcare & Youth Coordinator maintains the body of administrative documentation required to maintain the Center’s licenses and funding support grants. The Childcare & Youth Coordinator possesses comprehensive knowledge of the North Carolina Child Care environmental standards and helps ensure that they are consistently met. In addition, the coordinator must be familiar with the NC licensing regulations and requirements for Early Childhood Education. The position is full-time, year-round, benefits eligible and non-exempt.
The YWCA fosters a team environment and seeks employees who are dedicated to promoting our mission: eliminating racism, empowering women, and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interacts with parents, outside resource persons, state licensing agents, and other YWCA administrative staff, providing leadership in excellent customer service.
- Organizes administrative tasks to ensure the smooth operations running of the Childcare & Youth Enrichment Program.
- Maintains files (hard copy and electronic) of documents required to maintain the center’s license and to aid in reporting to grantors.
- Creates staff schedules and ensures that classroom ratios are maintained
- Must be able to ensure confidentiality at all times.
- Serves as a substitute classroom teacher when necessary.
- Provides instructional coaching to Early Learning and Early Head Start teachers.
- Remains up-to-date on the guidelines and requirements of the State of North Carolina child care licensing bureau and, with the Senior Director, provide guidance to teachers on carrying out the rigorous North Carolina Child Care environmental standards.
- Provides administrative support to teachers needing forms and other clerical help to ensure their success in the classroom.
- Conducts interviews, orientations, and tours with prospective families.
- Manages the family enrollment process and procedures.
- Collaborates with the Enrollment Coordinator to ensure that financial information from families is accurate and maintained for billing purposes.
- Serves as temporary acting director when needed.
- Provides excellent customer service, ensuring that all members and participants at the YWCA are welcomed, provided with accurate and complete information, and shown respect and appreciation. Willingly and responsibly facilitates solutions to problems presented by staff, members, and participants.
- Attends trainings assigned by the YWCA administration.
- Assumes other responsibilities appropriate for the position as requested by the YWCA administration.
- Will work with a culturally and economically diverse population of YWCA members, participants, and staff members.
- Is responsible for knowing all conditions of employment, including the contents of the YWCA staff policy manual.
- Maintains confidentiality at all times regarding information about participants and colleagues.
- Works at desk for long hours and operates personal computer.
- Works in direct proximity with children and will be exposed to childhood illnesses.
- Works with a culturally and economically diverse group of children, parents, and colleagues.
- Must be able to perform CPR and basic first aid.
- Able to pass the background check.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job: frequently required to move throughout the Early Learning Program and playground; is required to sit for long periods of time in front of the computer screen, may occasionally lift and/or move heavy objects or boxes, and will be expected to participate in the demands required when working with children under the age of 6 such as lifting, diapering, participating in floor play, etc.
Education and skills:
- Credentials in the field of Early Childhood are desirable or must be obtained during the first year of employment.
- A high school diploma is required. An Associate's or Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood or a related field is desirable.
- Experience with the ITERS and ECERS rating scales is required.
- Familiar with DCDEE rules & regulations, NC Fast, ProSolutions, Creative Curriculum and other systems related to childcare.
- Demonstrable skills and experience with organizing a busy office are required, including proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, electronic communication, data entry, and file management. Attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines are essential to this position.
No phone calls, please.
Opportunity Employer: The YWCA Lower Cape Fear is an equal opportunity
employer. No employee or applicant shall be discriminated against because of
actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, alien
status, citizenship status, age, marital status, gender, sexual orientation,
veteran status, disability that can be reasonably accommodated, or any other
classification protected by law.