Ready to take your business to the next level?
Join the YWCA Lower Cape Fear’s Women’s Empowerment 360° Program powered by McDonald’s® Black & Positively Golden™
The program is designed to help women of color overcome barriers to starting, growing and sustaining businesses while providing them with educational tools to increase their knowledge and confidence as entrepreneurs.
While it may appear to be easy to start a business, an American Express report stated “88% of small businesses do not make more than $100,000.”
The YWCA Lower Cape Fear is hoping to change this statistic by offering mentoring, business leadership skills and access to funding to our community entrepreneurs. Register for a multi-week course based on the GUIDED Business Plan™ training series written by Melanie Rae. You will receive clear instructions to build a better business.
What you can expect to learn:
- The who, what, where, why and how of your business idea – will it make the money you want to earn?
- Who may be the easiest customer who will say YES to you
- How you can introduce your product or service to those who will pay what you’re asking for
- How to launch, operate and finance your business
- Introductory business terms so you can build your confidence as a business owner
What is included:
- Printed GUIDED Business Plan™ book — an on-the-go tool to organize your ideas to generate sales
- GUIDED Budget – a free, easy to use spreadsheet to determine how much your business could make
- GBP Style Sheet – a free document to format your business plan to present to lenders, family, friends and other stakeholders
- Personalized advice as you write your plan in class PLUS one-on-one consulting
- Inspiration from others in your community who are growing a small business
Who this course is for:
- Aspiring or budding entrepreneurs
- Main street and “mom & pop” businesses
- Part-timers – farmers market vendors, online sellers
- Small businesses and job creators
- Full-time employees looking to start a business