Economic Advancement of Women
New Choices aims to:
- Empower women to make informed financial decisions to create impactful change in their lives, families, and communities
- Build a strong economic base through learned financial fundamentals
- Help aspiring and existing entrepreneurs develop attainable business goals while strengthening long-term and short-term planning skills
- Connect job seekers with digital skills to obtain gainful employment
New Choices assists eligible participants with the following:
- Financial aid and monetary support up to 3 years of assistance when Pell Grant and other financial resources have been denied
- Tuition and book monetary support while in school
- Childcare & transportation assistance
- Micro-enterprise assistance
- Financial counseling
- Career counseling
- Home bill support (as funding allows)
- Savings match opportunity up to $100 through Moving Ahead Financial Empowerment Path
- Referrals to therapeutic counseling and community support agencies for continuation of care
- Access to small business loan capital
Qualifications are subject to change and are flexible depending on every individual situation. Acceptance in not guaranteed.
- 18-54 years old
- Single parent or married individuals who live at or below the poverty line
- Survivor of domestic violence
- Actively seeking employment
- Reside in New Hanover, Pender, Brunswick, or Columbus county
- Able to attend required workshops/classes
- Are in good standing with the YWCA (if previous client)
- Have the desire to be empowered to actualize financial freedom, learn digital skills, or start a business
Actualize Empowerment, Choose Your Path:
Workforce Development & Training
YWCA Strive defines your career goals and connects you with the skills you need for the job you want for the life you deserve.
Gain Financial Freedom
Moving Ahead Curriculum offers a range of information from basic money and financial management principles to advanced, long-term financial planning.
The YWCA Lower Cape Fear works to empower young women, eliminate barriers, and provide resources that allow women to become full participants in the economic mainstream of our community. We believe when women are empowered to achieve economic self-sufficiency, communities thrive.