Equal Opportunity Employer: The YWCA Lower Cape Fear is an equal opportunity employer. No employee or applicant shall be discriminated against because of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, alien status, citizenship status, age, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability that can be reasonably accommodated, or any other classification protected by law.
POSITION TITLE: Administrative Coordinator
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time, Exempt
REPORTS TO: Chief Financial Officer
Position Summary: Take primary responsibility for the management of the front desks, while assisting the finance and administration departments.
- Assist with QuickBooks entries
- Manage Petty Cash
- Manage Member Collections process and reporting;
- Make Deposits;
- Coordinate and manage room rental inquiries and agreements;
- DAXKO (Membership Database) processing and reporting as needed;
- Assist with payroll as needed;
- New Employee Onboarding
- Manage Employee relations including but not limited to child care payment agreements, door access control, employee birthday celebrations, and customer service training;
- Conference room and admin staff calendar oversight;
- Manage volunteer and employee background checks;
- Arranges travel, accommodation, itineraries, and all correspondence related to arrangements as needed;
- Handle confidential information; organizes and maintains files;
- Assist CEO with travel, arrangements, itineraries, and correspondences;
- Monitor grant and reporting deadlines;
- Help plan company events, meetings, and employee team building activities or special projects;
- Support Development and Communications department with letters, invitations, and databases;
- Assist with YWCA Board of Directors documents for monthly meetings and take BOD meetings minutes;
- Assist with Facilities Management;
- Order and purchase supplies as needed;
- Track and manage copier codes, service and toner orders, and;
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Community Representation: Represent the YWCA in the community and at assigned meetings when needed. Must have strong interpersonal skills;
- Professionalism: Provide excellent customer service to YWCA Members and potential members. Project a professional image with the YWCA and community;
- Confidentiality: Must be able to maintain discretion in all relationships with employees, board members and members;
- Team Work: Actively participate in YWCA meetings, programs and activities when appropriate. Share the work load by helping others as needed;
- Safety: Be aware of, adhere to and implement all safety standards. Serve as a role model for safe behaviors, and;
- Community Service and Involvement: Fulfill the mission and values of the YWCA through program implementation and model behaviors of community service and advocacy for the YWCA and for women’s, youth and community issues. Take an active role in activities and events within the YWCA.
Qualifications: Position requires excellent writing, computer, communications and organization skills. Must have ability to plan and prioritize, recognize and solve problems, and be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously. Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions. Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion and demonstrate the highest level of customer service. Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to work effectively independently and possess the ability to prioritize conflicting needs and completes projects often with deadline pressures. A college degree and a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in office administration and customer service is preferred. Must have a driver’s license.
Early Education & Youth Enrichment
Classification: Part-time, Non-Exempt
Reports to: Senior Director of Early Education and Youth Enrichment Programs
Position Summary: The driver is responsible for transporting children safely while providing conditions that contribute to children’s growth and development.
Minimum Qualifications: Must be at least 25 years of age and have a high school diploma or equivalency. Needs to have a good driving record which will be reviewed by our insurance agency. Must have CDL designation.
- To establish and maintain a safe and healthy environment
- Responsible for pick-up at local schools at designated time of arrival. Help the center remain in compliance with NC licensing standards.
- Take daily attendance and keep all required reports pertaining to the group. Be sure all emergency forms are included with the bus/van roll.
- Check the “no pick-up” list to know who he/she is responsible for picking up each day.
- If child does not get on that is supposed to, check with school to ensure child has other arrangements to be picked up for that day before leaving school.
- Do a seating arrangement of children with help of the monitor.
- Children may never be left alone in a vehicle. A driver may not have more than 13 children in his/her vehicle to satisfy the staff/child ratio.
- Be sure to have a First Aid kit, triangles, and fire extinguisher on the bus/van at all times.
- Check all fluids on van/bus once a week. Check tires and lights on a daily basis.
- Bus/van is to be left clean at all times.
- Check vehicle behind children once they have gotten off to make sure all children have exited the vehicle. Also check for any belongings which should be taken to lost and found.
- Take appropriate care of van/bus equipment. Report any mechanical problems immediately to Child Director or Facility Manager in writing.
- Must receive 1st Aid and CPR within 30 days of employment.
- Must receive 6 clock hours of training annually.
- Report any suspected child abuse to the Child Care Director immediately.
- Follow NC traffic safety Laws
Professional Development and Growth:
- Attend all staff meetings and other mandatory or required in-service trainings
- Maintain flexibility and consistency with all staff
- Maintain confidentiality regarding staff, families, and children at all times and relate to families in a positive and respectful manner.