Equal Opportunity Employer: The YWCA Lower Cape Fear is an equal opportunity employer. No employee or applicant shall be discriminated against because of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, alien status, citizenship status, age, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability that can be reasonably accommodated, or any other classification protected by law.
Position Title: Development Director
Classification: Full-time, Exempt
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Job Summary: The Development Director is responsible for planning, organizing and directing all agency fundraising efforts, to include grants, corporate donations, major gifts, annual campaign, planned giving, direct mail activities and special events. The Director works closely with the CEO and Board of Directors in all development and fundraising endeavors and provides leadership to Development/Communications staff in implementation of outreach and development activities. Additionally, the Director plays an active role in business development, marketing and public relations initiatives as part of a collaborative approach to advance community-wide awareness of and support for the organization.
General Statement of Duties:
- Develop and implement strategies to create a philanthropic culture throughout the agency, providing appropriate leadership for Board, strategic committees and staff.
- Implement a fund development plan that increases and diversifies revenues to support agency’s strategic direction and in accordance with ethical fundraising principles.
- Develop and manage timeline for various fundraising activities to ensure strategic plans and crucial fundraising processes are carried out in effective and timely manner.
- Identify and develop corporate, community and individual prospects for the organization’s fundraising priorities.
- Cultivate current donors to increase their commitment to and investment in the organization.
- Oversee the administration of a donor mailing list and contact database that respects and protects the privacy and confidentiality of donor information; ensure proper database management, including donor coding and data reporting.
- Conduct grant seeking efforts, to include research, proposal writing and organizing reporting requirements.
- Maintain gift recognition program.
- Supervise, monitor and evaluate all fundraising activities and special events to ensure goals are achieved.
- Oversee agency messaging and public relations strategies, to include social media and other media relations; manage creation of materials and publications in support of fundraising activities.
- Make public appearances and accept speaking engagements to share information about the organization with the community.
- Supervise, coach and direct Development/Communications staff, interns and volunteers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Desired Experience, Education, Skills, & Knowledge:
- Deep appreciation and understanding of the YWCA’s mission and the ability to articulate its values and vision internally and externally.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- Excellent managerial skills including at least 3+ years of previous experience successfully managing development/communications staff.
- Extreme tact and discretion, attention to detail, and a commitment to excellence.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and writing skills; comfort with external representation of agency.
- Working understanding of Daxko, Blackbaud, or a comparable fundraising database.
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to simultaneously manage and complete multiple projects in high- paced environment.
Full-time, 40 hours per week. Position requires performance job duties at employer site in office environment as well as at off-site locations for meetings and events. Work schedule requires flexibility and involves occasional evening and weekend hours.
Interested applicant should submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirements by March 11th, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Development Director Position” in the subject line.
No phone calls please.
After School Teachers
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- PT After School Teachers: Minimum of High School Diploma or Equivalency and at least 6 months of experience in a licensed childcare facility
- Approval letter of qualification from DCDEE preferred
- CPR and First Aid Certified
- Must pass a criminal background check
The YWCA is accepting applications for CDL Drivers needed for the 2018-19 school year. We are looking for individuals to transport students after school to our after school programs.
Minimum qualifications include: must be 25 years of age, must have a high school diploma or equivalency, must be able to pass a state background check, must have a good driving record and passenger endorsement. Most importantly, individuals must also enjoy working with children!
This is a part-time position working 10-15 hours per week.
To be considered, please complete employment application below and return to the YWCA.