The YWCA Summer Camp Program provides quality, affordable childcare in a safe, engaging, and nurturing environment for students on break for the academic year. Give your child an enriching summer full of new friends, skills, interests, challenges, and most importantly, fun!
We are proud to offer Summer Camp programs at the following locations:
YWCA Main Campus
2815 S. College Road
YWCA at Wesley
Wesley Memorial United Methodist Church, 1401 South College Road
The program is offered to children ages 5 to 12 and is open Monday-Friday from 7:00 am to 6:00 pm throughout the summer break. The program is a 3 star fully licensed program by the North Carolina Division of Child Development.
|Annual YWCA Membership:||$25- $55|
|Registration Fee:||$30 for first child, $20 for each additional child|
|Full Day Weekly Rate, 4-5 days:||$130 per week / child|
|Full Day Daily Rate, 1-3 days:||$32 per day / child|
- Nutritional breakfast, a hot lunch, and a healthy snack every day
- Weekly swimming in the YWCA Pool
- Access to the YWCA’s shaded, 3-acre playground
- Opportunities to participate in enrichment activities, like:
- Girls Circle: Girls Circle is built on a research-based model proven to increase girls’ self-efficacy, body image and social support. YWCA girls in 2nd-6th grade participate in the Girls Circle Program one day a week.
- Lego Club: Open to any child in our program, the children meet once or twice a month for an hour to assemble Lego creations based on a theme.
- Gardening Club: This club helps children learn the value of growing their own food, and caring for plants and flowers.
Field Trips: Children participate in off-site activities one to two times a week such as tennis, bowling, roller skating, park visits, historical tours, horseback riding, and more!
New Hanover County DSS Child Care vouchers are accepted.
Students are split into 5 different groups based on their school grade level:
- Kindergarten: Journeyers
- First Grade: Discoverers
- Second Grade: Adventurers
- Third Grade: Explorers
- Fourth Grade: Navigators
- Fifth Grade +: Voyagers