The Grandparent Support Network (GSN) is a peer support group for grandparents providing full-time care for their grandchildren.
At weekly meetings, children and grandparents have access to case management, resource connections, mentoring, and on-going assistance to create a continuum of care for these children and families from birth to college graduation.
- Caregivers are given needed respite and share strengths, challenges and resources with one another
- Guest speakers provide education on relevant topics
- Children engage in social and emotional skill building groups and physical activities
- Families share a hot meal provided at no cost
- Children meet with mentors for academic and social support
- One-on-one mentor support
Want to make a difference? Volunteer as a mentor or tutor!
- Provide education on relevant topics as a guest speaker
- Engage children in social and emotional skill building groups and physical activities
- Assist in the kitchen to prepare a hot meal for participating families
- Tutor children and provide academic and social support
- Provide one-on-one mentor support to grandparents or grandchildren
Now seeking team volunteers!
- Elect a team leader from your company or civic group
- Recruit a total of 4 team members to volunteer
- Set your team schedule and each member volunteers one night per month!
Proudly supported by:
Catherine Kennedy Home Foundation