Grandparent Support Network
The Grandparent Support Network (GSN) is a support group for grandparents providing full-time care for their grandchildren.
GSN holds weekly meetings for grandparents to access case management, resources, and on-going assistance. Grandchildren are provided with educational games, activities, and social support.
All enjoy a warm meal and respite.
- Education on relevant topics from expert guest speakers
- Social and emotional skill-building groups and physical activities for grandchildren
- A hot meal prepared for family participants
- Academic support for students through case management
- Social support for grandchildren from peers and trained, professional staff
- Acknowledge ACE (Adverse Childhood Experiences) by promoting resiliency and five protective factors
- Partner with Prevent Child Abuse America and use Circle of Parents Self-Help Support Model
- Provide education on relevant topics as a guest speaker
- Engage children in social and emotional skill building and physical activities
- Assist in the kitchen to prepare a hot meal for family participants
- Promote resilience by increasing five protective factors of ACES (Adverse Childhood Experiences)
- Provide support to grandparents and grandchildren
Proudly supported by:
Catherine Kennedy Home Foundation